Saturday, March 8, 2014

Adjusting

New Mexico is a strange state. But then again, so is Colorado. Winter here is unusually warm and dry, with the occasional few minutes of precipitation. Sometimes the weather here is a bit wacky, unlike Colorado where its almost all the time, and the weather will go through nearly all four seasons in a day. Or a week. It entirely depends. It did snow here though! I was so excited!


And then it melted by the next day. But it was pretty while it lasted. 

I'm not complaining too much, I'm not a fan of the cold. I do love watching it snow, playing it in a few times, and then I'm ready for it to go away. If it was possible for it to snow and be 75 degrees, I'd be very, very happy. I don't have to shovel the walk here (yay!) and it's kind of funny how quickly everything here closes. For example:

In CO: Blizzard outside=city throws salt and rocks on the road. School's not cancelled. Maybe a delay or early release. Maybe. 
In NM: Snow flurries on the road=city over salts EVERYTHING and the city virtually shuts down.

It's 74 in my house, and the heat has rarely been turned on in the last two weeks. I think the thermostat usually sits around 65 or 66. Thank you neighbors who blast their heat and keep my place warm!

All of my monsters are school age now, and my little brother isn't a teenager anymore! It's crazy how much I miss them and how quickly they seem to grow up, especially when I don't get to see them every weekend.




The top two photos are Grubbie, she had a Monster High sleepover with her friend Adelaide. They got "monster" makeovers. Grub was "Frankie Stein" daughter of Frankenstein, and Adelaide was "Draculaura", daughter of Dracula. Grubbie is the youngest of my monsters, and as the candle suggests, she turned 5.


The next photo is of  my Ellerbee. She turned 7, and had a "Frozen" party. One of  my sisters emailed me pictures from her party, which I enjoyed seeing. I called her on her birthday and talked to her, which I'm sure she enjoyed as much as I did.


Mase also turned 5, he's almost exactly a month older than Grub. My other sister also sent photos of him for me to see. He had a "Transformers" party, which totally fits him. He was Optimus Prime for Halloween and was the cutest transformer I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment