Sunday, November 10, 2013

30 Days Part II

November  5th

For being able to call my mom when it gets overwhelming trying to stay on top of the million things life decides to throw me all at once, and even when I don't believe her when she says everything will work out. And you know what? It always seems to. For providing suggestions and helpful bits of advice when I forgo reason and logic all together, but for not being overpowering. For stepping back enough to let me do things on my own, for letting me try and fail, for telling me to get back up if I fall and to try again. And for always telling me to have a plan b, but if that doesn't work out, don't worry, there's 24 more letters in the alphabet. Thank you for all the life lessons.




November 6th

For having coworkers who can make you laugh and accept you and all your randomness because they're just like that too, and can totally relate. Llamas and lambs anyone?


(I didn't take this photo, I couldn't find the ones I had. This is from Sister Sheep, a Colorado based sheep family. But seriously, how cute are they?)

November 7th

While paying tuition for school, I was thinking about all the people here who when I came to them to say good bye because I my financial aid fell through and I had to go home, dropped everything and spent an entire day talking back and forth with the main campus in Providence, working out something to keep me here so I could finish my last term. They didn't have to help me, let alone make sure I could graduate, but they did because they said they believed I could do it, and I had come too far to have to be sent home, that I was a wonderful young woman, and that sometimes, we all need a little extra help.

November 8th

For having friends who know you need a night out after a ridiculous last few weeks, so they take you out downtown to goof off and be crazy college kids. And for surprising a friend at work who didn't think you'd actually come to see them, and then drives you all home after they get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment